If you're using Reminders module, one of most common problem is about reusing reminders.
There are three possible statuses for reminder:
- upcoming - reminder is waiting its time
- to do - reminder has reached to its goal
- done - user has marked this reminder done
in upcoming state, you can edit current reminder, but it does not affect its status.
- upcoming ➞ to do - is done only in server
- upcoming/to do ➞ done - happens only when user marks reminder done.
This logic is summarised in following scheme:
Let's assume we have one reminder for technical inspection, what happens once a year. There is set reminder one week before due date.
Once date comes, state is changed to to do:
If you want to properly finish that reminder, you have to mark it done:
- click mark as done
- set next recur date or other conditions
- save changes
After setting reminder done, it gets archived and you can find it from history tab:
If you made new copy from it, it's in current reminders with upcoming status, and has new date, year 2022.